What is our purpose?



(a lovely e-mail from my Qur'an course, enjoy! )

Bismillah hir rahman nir rahim
Assalam alai kum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu

Let me ask you a question,”What is The Purpose of your life? “
:) Till some time back, I thought that the purpose of my life at this stage was the clichéd “to be a good mother and wife ”:)
And  yet I felt dissatisfied, as if there was something that I needed to do but was not doing. This restlessness propelled me to seek some answers.
And then Our Rabb told me “O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - See V.2:2).
 “Worship your Lord…”, that is it?, I thought to myself. I do worship my lord. I read my prayers, I fast in Ramadan, I try to read Quran ,but I still feel this feeling.

So what is the meaning of worship which I don’t know yet . Come let’s find it together.

“Worship means, love, sincerity, obedience. Du’a and Tawakkul should all be ONLY on Allah alone.”
 This is a very simple yet powerful definition given by ,a teacher of the Qur’an.

Let me elaborate on it. Why do you think your child loves you the most? The answer is because in your child’s eye, you are one who gave birth to him (created). You are the one who takes care of him(owns)and you are the one who  does things for him (plans). These three attributes make you, his mother the center of his universe now and even when he is taller and bigger than you.

Now , think of Our Rabb. HE created(Al-Khaliq) us from nothing, He owns(Al-Malik) us, whatever we have is given to us by Him and He plans(Al-Muddabir) everything for us.

So , why should’nt we love Him with utmost sincerity.

Why do we demand obedience from our children? We think its our Right and this thought is endorsed by all child psychologists.
 And we demand it as we are trying to teach our children the best way to live in this world.

Now think of Our Rabb. He also teaches us in the Qur’an the best way to live in this world. So ,does’nt He have the right to complete obedience from us?

We know that everything in the heavens and the earth is Our Rabb’s.  Nothing happens without His permission and knowledge.

Oh, then why shouldn’t our du’a and tawakkul(reliance) be Only on Him?

And then , our Rabb tells us that “There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut(evil) and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. 2:256
Our nothingness, powerlessness in front of Our Rabb is a reality. The sooner we realize this “truth that stands clear” and turn towards Him in repentance and thankfulness for all that He has given us in this life, the better it would be for us. Both for this dunya and akhirah.
As Jannah is earned Only through our Rabb’s pleasure. And that can only be gained by fulfilling the Purpose of Our Life—to love Him the Most and Obey Him with utmost sincerity and to ask Only Him for what we need and to Rely Only on Him for the fulfillment of our desires and needs.
The way of the sahabas wherein they asked Allah swt even when they needed a shoelace replaced always moves me.
That is my goal. To worship my Rabb so much that when I need even a pen , I ask Him for it and then get up to look for one.
So , what is yours?
:) Untill next time..fi amaanillah !!

0 comments

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo