Death is a creep.



Adolf Hitler (dicator)

Born: 1889-04-20 - Died: 1945-04-30
Cause of Death:
 "Suicide"

He was 56.

Alexander McQueen (fashion designer)
Born: 17 March 1969  Died: 11 February 2010
Cause of Death: "He hung himself."
He was 41.


Amy Winehouse (singer)
Born: 1983-09-14 - Died: 2011-07-23
Cause of Death:
 "Unexplained (but most likely drug overdose)"

She was 28.

Anna Nicole Smith (Tv personality)

Born: 1967-11-28 - Died: 2007-02-08 
Cause of death: "accidental overdose"
She was 39.

Heath Ledger (Actor)

Born: 1979-04-04 - Died: 2008-01-22
Cause of Death:
 "Accidental Drug Overdose"

He was 28.

Michael Jackson (pop artist)

Born: August 29, 1958  Died: June 25, 2009
Cause of Death: "drug overdose"
He was 50.


Ruslana Korshunova (runway model)
Born: 1987-07-02 - Died: 2008-06-28
Cause of Death:
 "Suicide"

She was 21

Whitney Houston (singer)
Born: 1963-08-09 - Died: 2012-02-11
Cause of Death: "Unknown (she had drug abuse problems but they are still uncertain how she died "yeah right, liars")"
She was 49.

So what do all these well-known individuals have in common? 
They are all dead. 
Allah took their lives, and He will take ours as well. 
All the fame, fortune, and power couldn't save them from their death. Did they die as kafirs? Allah knows best. But the most important thing we need to know is that, they died the way they will be resurrected. 

I would like to stress the importance of remembering death on a daily basis. We often get so caught up with our worldly lives that death is the last thing that is on our minds. We need also stop idolizing these music stars and celebrities because they aren't immortal. Allah shows us many great examples of the lives He took. Without Islam, we are nobody and without Allah we are nothing. 


We should all spend at least ten minutes or so, before we pray and before we go to sleep, to reflect these verses and to also ask ourselves " How do I want to die?" Let us not be of those in these verses, and remember it's never too late to repent. Allah has given us the gift of time, so let us use it to our advantage. It's never too late, until the angel of death comes to take our souls. 



"And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live (i.e. some people die and others live, replacing them) and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming. And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, their argument is only that they say, “Bring [back] our forefathers, if you should be truthful.” Say, “God causes you to live, then causes you to die; then He will assemble you for the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt,” but most of the people do not know." (Quran, 45:24-26)


"[For such is the state of the disbelievers], until, when death comes to one of them, he says, “My Lord, send me back that I might do righteousness in that which I left behind (i.e. in that which I neglected).” No! It is only a word he is saying; and behind them is a barrier until the Day they are resurrected. So when the Horn is blown, no relationship will there be among them that Day, nor will they ask about one another. And those whose scales are heavy [with good deeds] - it is they who are the successful. But those whose scales are light - those are the ones who have lost their souls, [being] in Hell, abiding eternally. The Fire will sear their faces, and they therein will have taut smiles (i.e. their lips having been contracted by scorching until the teeth are exposed). "(Quran, 23:99-104)



"Then when the Horn is blown with one blast, and the earth and the mountains are lifted and leveled with one blow [i.e. stroke] - Then on that Day, the Occurrence [i.e. Resurrection] will occur, And the heaven will split [open], for that Day it is infirm (i.e. weak, enfeebled and unstable). And the angels are at its edges. And there will bear the Throne of your Lord above them, that Day, eight [of them]. That Day, you will be exhibited [for judgment]; not hidden among you is anything concealed (i.e. any person or any secret you might attempt to conceal). So as for he who is given his record in his right hand, he will say, “Here, read my record! Indeed, I was certain that I would be meeting my account.” So he will be in a pleasant life - In an elevated Garden, Its [fruit] to be picked hanging near. [They will be told], “Eat and drink in satisfaction for what you put forth (i.e. literally, advanced in anticipation of reward in the Hereafter) in the days past.” But as for he who is given his record in his left hand, he will say, “Oh, I wish I had not been given my record, and had not known what is my account. I wish it [i.e. my death] had been the decisive one (i.e. ending life rather than being the gateway to eternal life). My wealth has not availed me. Gone from me is my authority.” [God will say], “Seize him and shackle him. Then into Hellfire drive him. Then into a chain whose length is seventy cubits insert him.” Indeed, he did not used to believe in God, the Most Great. " (Quran, 69:13-33)





*I put the cause of death simply in quotations as only Allah knows the truth of how He took the lives of these people. As always, never EVER believe what you see, and hear from the media.*

2 comments

  1. Assalamu alayki khadijah a very good reminder and may you be rewarded much because yes we all get caught up in this dunya as it has distractions left right and centre tempting us and causing us to forget.

    I have always thought about death even before Islam. I was raised in a orthodox christian home. Hamdlillah my mom is now muslim too.

    Personally I think about death far too much to the point my family and friends tell me to ease up and think about life!
    But I do fear my meeting with Allah in case I am not successful.
    Death is something that can cause me sadness and deflate me in seconds.
    But is as our Prophet, sallahu alayhi wa salam told us:

    “O People! Remember much the destroyer of pleasures, death.”

    (Tirmidhi, Nasaa’i, Ibn Maajah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walaikumassalam wa rahmatulahi wa baraktu sissy!
    Alhamdulilah your mom becamse Muslim woww! Allahu Akbar that's amazing!

    I pray one day Allah will guide my parents and open their hearts to Islam insha'Allah!


    subhana'Allah I agree that death really does remind us about our priorities in life and if we really are working hard enough to earn that spot in Al-Firdaus! Insha'Allah we will all be among the righteous in Jannah ! Ameen.

    thanks for your comment
    xox
    Khadijah

    ReplyDelete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo