DIY : Fruitful Fridays!

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu !

Friday is such a special day as we Muslimah's all know . It is a day full of blessings. I wanted to add another addition to my blog and include "DIY Fruitful Fridays" where I will be suggesting some of my own "creative" ideas to help us with our Deen and remembering Allah at ALL TIMES.

We as humans, tend to forget easily and become oblivious to the smallest things around us, even if we remind ourselves once or twice we tend to forget shortly after.

The first Fruitful Friday suggestion(s): 

1. Take some post-it notes and a Sharpie permanent marker (or any thick tip marker)
2. Search for the following duaa's " before entering the bathroom" , " after leaving the bathroom" , "before starting Wudu", "after finishing Wudu" and "when looking in the mirror"
3. Write down on the post-its (try to make it fit and legible) these duaa's and for the Arabic speakers, you can add Arabic and for the English readers, write down the transliteration & meaning.
4. After, place the post-its according to the duaa. (i.e- place the post-its on the bathroom door etc..)
5. Now every time before you enter the bathroom you can say the duaa (unless you eager Muslimah's have already memorized them Masha'Allah) and when you look in the mirror you can now say the duaa!

It's always important to say these duaa's, we can't see what Allah sees, and we don't want to be envied by the Jinns, also it's always good to remember Allah at all times (since we go to the bathroom and make wudu, and look in the mirror often this is a great way to earn reward and following the Sunnah of Rasulullah (sallahu aleyhi wasselum))!



Second Fruitful Friday (which I hope to try myself insha'Allah) :

1. Grab your phone (by now we should all have a SMART phone, if not I'm sure your family member has one)
2. Go to Voice Memo or your recording application
3. Click record
4. Place the recorder near you and whoever you are with, even if you are alone
5. Record for an hour, or longer (but remember you are being recorded)
6. After an hour has lapsed, listen to your recording

This is a good way to listen to yourself and to see if you have been saying or doing anything inappropriate. This is a GREAT way to remind yourself that Allah is recording your deeds and actions at ALL times. Recording yourself for one hour, seems like a long time but imagine Allah records every single second, minute, hour? Also, this is a great way to help you become more cautious of yourself and your deeds.

Hope you try these out, and Insha'Allah it can help us all improve for the sake of Allah!

p.s- please do check out the post below and share!







7 comments

  1. Assalam u alaikum.

    I love the post it idea. I'm definitely going to do this.

    jazakallah khair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam alaykum wa rahmatullah Khadijah. The recording idea I found funny. Subhnallah if I did that you would get some joke! I wouldn't even have to say a word. Just the noise my kids make alone would make you never record again.
    I make posters when I am learning a dua off by heart so it is in my face and I make it attractive so it is noticeable and I read it over an over.
    jazakillhu khayran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu Alaikum!! I love the post it idea MashaAllah! Insha'Allah I plan on doing something similar.
    Aisha from Alaska :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. masha`allah sis really good suggestions their and reminders too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart! InshaAllah I will try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masha'Allah good stuff sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice idea (fruitful Friday)! I love this post. And what a lovely blog you have here ma sha Allah!

    ReplyDelete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo