With eyes to see

Born and raised in the West, I never realised much of the beauty of nature surrounding me. I was always too busy with the fast-paced world called life and I never really stopped a moment to truly appreciate the beautiful sun reflecting off the pure white snow or the different sounds made and colours of the birds outside my window. Before I became Muslim, I would often use my sight for things that added little to no value to my spiritual and emotional self. I never appreciated the true beauty around me until I reverted to Islam. Subhana'Allah, when Allah Guides us, He not only opens our eyes but also our hearts! For verily, even though I could see, I never looked beyond anything except for it's physical value.

"Have they not traveled through the land, and have they hearts wherewith to understand and ears wherewith to hear? Verily, it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts which are in the breasts that grow blind." (22:46)


I once traveled through the earth as a creature who could see everything yet my heart was full of darkness! When the gift of Islam touched me, I felt true to Allah's Mighty Words and as I read the Qur'an more and more, I could not believe the truth and Powerful Words of our Lord! The Signs of Allah were everywhere for us to see and to reflect: 

"Do you not see that Allah sends down rain from the sky, and We produce thereby fruits of varying colors? And in the mountains are tracts, white and red of varying shades and [some] extremely black" (35:27)

"And among people and moving creatures and grazing livestock are various colors similarly. Only those fear Allah , from among His servants, who have knowledge. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Forgiving." (35:28)

It is He who sends down water for you from the sky, from which comes a drink for you, and the shrubs that you feed to your animals. (16:10)

Everything just became more clear to me and I looked at the world in a different light. The things I used to take for granted, were now things I marveled at with awe and excitement. It is as if I could see for the very first time! All the colours and the sounds of nature surrounding me were all beautiful creations of Allah the Almighty. How Perfect is our Creator! Who brings the night into day and the day into night! He, Who Provides us with everything we need. How grateful we should be for all the Blessings and His Bounties! We may not realize just how blessed we are because we often take our health and wealth for granted and we walk about the earth with eyes lowered to our phones or our laptops. When we just take a simple moment to lift our heads from our electronic devices, we will truly realize just how blessed we are. To be able to see the birds flock together, to be able to turn your head to the sky with eyes wide and bright, reflecting on the clouds that Allah has Held up without any pillars! Glory be to Him the one who made us something out of nothing! What a beautiful gift it is to be able to see and to breathe and to hear all the beautiful things that surround us. If you never took the time out to explore the Signs of Allah all around you, then now is the time. Do not let the darkness of the heart take over or the darkness of the grave overcome you. Look with your heart and you will truly see with your eyes all the true Blessings of Allah subhanahu wa ta a'la.

 (source : http://aateam.org/blog/seeing-with-our-hearts/ written by me for this blog)

0 comments

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo