Tasnim Collections - My HONEST Review

My honest review for my abayat from Tasnim Collections is long overdue! I have two from Tasnim that are pretty much my go-to for daily wear. I have one in the Grape Burgundy and Dark Teal and both are lightweight material. I also had a batwing one which I gave to my friend because I couldn't stand the hiking up of the sides every time I wore a jacket/coat or a cross over shoulder bag. It really annoyed me and I couldn't roll the sleeves up to make wudhu! If you don't care about all those things then go for it! But the batwing abayas are NOT for me. I have not tried the medium weight material but the light weight material works best for me. It is flowy and breathable and the material is very good quality.

I am able to throw it in the wash as often as I like AND I can put it in the dryer without any pilling, snagging or shrinkage. Compared to other online places I have purchsed from, the material of my Tasnim abayat seems to be quite durable. I also LOVE the pockets ! This style of abaya is thrown over the head and then there is a zipper in the middle that starts maybe about mid chest level. I do suggest that the zipper could zip up a little lower from the neck because I always find the neckline riding up too high on my neck when zipped (lol). Also, I would recommend that the sleeves have some sort of controlled lycra/spandex cuff because sometimes the wrist part will ride up exposing some of my wrists. It IS wudu friendly, though (depending which abaya you get). I had a batwing abaya from Tasnim back in 2013 and the wrist part was cuffed but not with an elastic material so making wudu WAS a problem because the sleeves could not roll up. Not sure if they fixed the issue but I do recommend that they look into that.

I have also a black long hijab from Tasnim and so far the material is lightweight and has not snagged ( I don't know what will happen if I wash it- I usually wash my hijabs in a pillow case because let's be real, who has time to handwash all our hijabs?) I love the coverage and length of the hijab! It is very flowy and does not feel slippery.

I highly recommend Tasnim Collections as one of my top go-to places for modest wear. Every time I wear my abaya I have gotten at least one person asking me where I got my abaya!

Below are the PROS and CONS as well as a picture of the abaya I currently have and the description and measurements from their website. I really hope to try the Khadijah jilbab someday, the only thing stopping me right now is paying $40 for shipping and shipping time can take up to 3-6 weeks. The tailor takes 7-20 days to finish the product and then an additional 3-15 days for shipping (of course this all depends on where you live). BUT I do love how it is handmade from Morocco, so you KNOW you are getting your garment made with care and attention.

If they can have some sort of incentive deals like, buy 1 get the other 50% then I will consider paying for shipping. Other than that, the items are affordable and very good quality and very durable. Oh and something definitely worth mentioning is GREAT customer service. The sister who is the owner of Tasnim is very kind and accommodating! I remember when my batwing abaya was too transparent for my standards, she offered to send me an abaya free of charge. She will try her best to cater to your needs and she is also very honest and humble. May Allah bless her and make her better than I think of her ameen!

PROS
- lightweight
- durable (can be washed and put in the dryer)
- no pilling or snagging
- many different colours, a nice variety
- pockets
- perfect length
- handmade from Morocco
- great customer service

CONS
- the elastic on the wrist is too loose
- I would like the XL to fit like an XXL
- the zipper is too close to my neck, could be longer and lower
- though items are affordable, shipping is expensive because it is based on weight so it all adds up once you check-out
- the batwing abaya you CAN'T wear a coat or a cross over shoulder bag because the abaya will hike up and show your ankles.
-I'm not a fan of the batwing abaya and you can't roll the sleeves up to make wudu








Taken from their website:

A classic piece that needs to be in every sister's wardrobe. The must-have abaya with elastic sleeve, pockets and a zip suitable for nursing mothers. The Sarah abaya is made in light weight polyester fabric with a lovely flow.
Wear preferably underneath a jilbab or with a khimar for full coverage.
For a good fit, please follow our size guide below and measure to be sure you choose the right size.
Do you need a larger or smaller size? Don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help you get an abaya matching your needs.
For more information about our current colors please visit our color guide, please note that fabrics and color shades differ a little from time to time.


Size chart - length (for guidance only):

Abaya length:Your length in cm:Your length in feet:
125-130 cm / 49-51 inches150 cm4ft 11 in
130-135 cm / 51-53 inches155 cm5 ft 1 in
135-140 cm / 53-55 inches160 cm5 ft 3 in
140-145 cm / 55-57 inches165 cm5 ft 5 in
145-150 cm / 57-59 inches170 cm5 ft 7 in
150-155 cm / 59-61 inches175 cm5 ft 9 in
155-160 cm / 61-63 inches180 cm5 ft 10 in

 Size chart - width (for guidance only):

SMLXL
Bust52 cm / 20.5 inches56 cm / 22 inches60 cm / 23.6 inches64 cm / 25 inches
Waist54 cm / 21.3 inches58 cm / 22.8 inches62 cm / 24.4 inches66 cm / 26 inches
Hip60 cm / 23.6 inches64 cm / 25 inches68 cm / 26.7 inches72 cm / 28.4 inches
Please note: This product is handmade, therefore slight differences might occur.
http://tasnimcollections.com


1 comments

  1. JazakAllahu khairan for the review! I love the colour of the abaya shown, masha Allah. Pockets are a must, alhamdullah, and as a breastfeeding mom I really appreciate the zipper because I've had to pay for alterations to add zippers to some of my abayas:-)

    ReplyDelete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo